Covid 19 update – our commitment to your safety
Please read the below information before your stay with us. We have put this together to help protect you, ourselves and our future guests, in accordance with government guidelines.
We fully understand that we now live in a different world and that our guests want to know that we are doing everything we can to keep our establishment safe and hygienic. We therefore ask you to read this notice to ensure you fully recognise the changes we have made to our business and also your responsibilities to protect yourselves and other guests.
These rules are constantly revised and subject to change, in accordance with government advice and best practices.
What you can expect from us:
- We have employed a new, more intensive and longer cleaning regime for our bedrooms with an additional focus on high-touch points, using appropriate disinfectants. We will leave windows open during cleaning and we have also increased the frequency of cleaning our communal areas and identified high-touch points
- All of our detergents and cleaning products are from leading industrial suppliers
- We have removed a large number of decorative soft furnishings (pillows & throws) and leaflets, books etc to prevent the risk of virus transmission. Any soft furnishings that remain are disinfected between guests. Each bed will always have freshly and hygienically cleaned linen
- The majority of our laundry is washed by an external company who use thermal disinfecting as the standard wash process. The iron process works at 170°C so we are confident that our linen is safe. Anything laundered in house is washed at 90°C, tumble dried and ironed
- We will keep a social distance from our guests wherever possible
- We will provide hand cleaning gel in the hallway and breakfast room at all times
- As we live on site, we are always available and in case of emergencies you can contact us anytime by messaging us on WhatsApp (07892 407 536)
- All food is prepared here in our kitchen and only by ourselves. We do not have any employees or people coming in to our kitchen from outside our business. All food suppliers will also adhere to our strict hygiene regulations to reduce the risk of contamination
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided for each room and cleaned appropriately
- Breakfast is to be pre-ordered the day before and we will be operating two sittings of two tables in order to ensure social distancing in the breakfast room
- In line with government guidelines we have suspended our normal daily ‘refresh’ and will be offering a ‘top up’ service instead
- If you are staying for more than 4 days, we will fully clean your room after the 3rd night and will need access to your room between 10.00am and 2.00pm
- Check in and check out will be done with social distancing in mind. The balance of your stay will be charged remotely to the same card used to pay your first night deposit. This payment will be taken directly after you have arrived. We can provide an electronic invoice on request. Cash will only be accepted with prior arrangement
- Room keys will be disinfected between guests and will be left in door locks prior to arrival. Keys to be left in hallway upon check out
- There is a 3 Porthminster B&B car parking WhatsApp group to facilitate the car parking. If you are parked in tandem with another guest, we ask that you liaise directly with them regarding the logistics as we are unable to move cars
What we expect from you:
- If you are experiencing Covid 19 symptoms, government advice is that you do not travel
- We expect you to adhere to all social distancing measures when in communal areas and respect the concerns of other guests
- We ask you to use the hand sanitiser provided in the hallway when entering the premises and before and after using the breakfast room
- If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of coronavirus (repetitive cough, fever, unusual tiredness, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, difficulty breathing) we would ask you or someone in your party to notify us immediately by messaging us on WhatsApp (07892 407 536) and remain isolated in your room to await further instructions
- Non guests are not permitted to enter the premises
Covid 19 amendment to booking terms and conditions
If we are forced to close due to a national lockdown we will refund your deposit or transfer your booking to another date, if preferred, and you will not be liable for any further payment to us. Our usual terms and conditions will still apply if you are unable to stay with us due to contracting Covid 19. We recommend you take out specific insurance to cover this event, such as provided by the Post Office.